Saturday, April 20, 2013

Health Is Your Best Friend

It's the first time in a month that I have felt healthy. Though I'm still fighting remnants of my last cold, I feel as though I'm no longer treading water -- exhausted and scared, as more waves wash up and over my head. In mid-March, I had severe loss of appetite, followed by one of the most prolonged bouts of my chronic gastrointestinal disease. The pain lasted about two and half weeks, during which I lost ten pounds. Just as I was recovering, I caught a bad head cold that laid me low for another full week. My poor immune system probably tanked under all the emotional and physical strain.

But every part of me now seems back to normal. All the gears are turning, the pipes cleared, and the motors running. Hopefully, I will be returning to the gym soon.

Just in time for final exams!


No comments:

Post a Comment